Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Miss Up and Down


by DaisySmiley


        A very close friend of mine asked me one day, "Why are you always happy? I'm so jealous. There are just so many shits happening in my life."
        I was a bit shock to hear that. She's a friend of mine for 22 years. And suddenly I felt that the distance between us had become far apart without being noticed. Having been in New Zealand for almost 9 years now, I have my ups and downs, moments of proud and regret, I did pay the price for growing up alone in a foreign land. I miss my family and friends back in China all the time; and I read news from China everyday. The strengths and limitations of China have become more and more apparent to me. I'm eager to go back and help make it a better place for all. This eagerness of going back to where I belong, I'm afraid, is not something I could explain to her. 
        I'm hanging here, for the goal I have in mind, for so many years. Things in life change all the time, my dream has never. 
        I'm getting there, I know that...


        
        

No comments:

Post a Comment